Ligaments are structures of dense connective tissue similar to tendons, which link bone to bone in joints. Since they are subjected to both traction and torsional forces, the ligaments have a viscoelastic behavior and great plasticity. The fundamental function of these is to provide the joint with stability.
- A loud snap or clicking sensation in the knee.
- Intense pain and inability to continue an activity.
- Rapid swelling
- Loss of range of motion.
- Sensation of instability.
- Elastic compression bandage to immobilize.
- Articulated knee in case of loss of stability.
- Growth factors: They help the natural regeneration of tissue and reduce inflammation.
- Toning and rehabilitation exercises.
- Surgical treatment: If the injury requires it.